The “People and Personalities” page honors individuals who have a personal, residential, Mother Town/Home Town tie to Parowan.
Adams, Fred C.
- Founder, Utah Shakespeare Festival.
Benson, James L.
- Lt.Colonel, Utah National Guard.
Benson, John V., 1935-2005.
- Drafted to play professional basketball. (Drafted into Korean War, never played in NBA).
Benson, Lloyd A.
- Utah National Guard, Deteur Digniori Award.
Dalley, Max S., 1915-2009.
- Colonel, Utah National Guard.
- Bronze Star Recipient, WWII.
Dalton, Edward Meeks, 1852-1886.
- See: Unwilling Martyr: The Death of Young Ed Dalton by Fae Decker Dix. Utah Historical Quarterly, Spring 1973.
- See: Unwilling Martyr Revisited by Steven D. Decker. Iron County Journal, 2009.
Decker, Bruce (PHS Athletics and Coach, 1953-1955, Principal, 1964-1971).
- Utah Sports Hall of Fame, Distinguished High School Coaches, 1986.
Decker, George W.,1864-1946.
- President, Southern Utah University (then Branch Normal School), 1904-1913.
Decker, Mahonri Moriancumer, 1868-1943.
- See: Never Change a Song by Fae Decker Dix. Utah Historical Quarterly, Summer 1976.
Decker, Rodney Dalton.
- Provost, Southern Utah University.
- Dean, Southern Utah University.
- Utah Sports Hall of Fame, Utah Sports Officials Hall of Honor, 2008.
Durham, George Homer, 1911-1985.
- Adacemic Vice President, University of Utah.
- President, Arizona State University, 1960-1969.
- Commissioner and Executive Officer, Utah System of Higher Education, 1969-1976.
- First Quorum of Seventy, Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1977-1985.
- LDS Church Historian and Recorder, 1982-1985.
Halterman, Daryl R.
- Lt. Col., United States Air Force
- Professional Jockey; 25,286 races, 3,816 wins, 10,698 first, second, or third placings, $18,847,169 winnings (reflects race winnings not individual income).
Matheson, Scott Milne, 1929-1990.
- Governor of Utah, 1977-1985. Spent childhood and summers in Parowan. Announced candidacy from Parowan. Buried in Parowan.
- Colonel, Executive Officer to I-CORPS Command.
Miller, James M.
- Adjutent General, Utah National Guard, 1994-2000.
- Dean of Education, Southern Utah University.
Morris, J. Clair.
- Superintendent, Iron County School District.
Mitchell, Joseph Harold,1895-1990.
- Utah State House of Representatives, 1965-1973.
Pendleton, Calvin Crane.
- See: Dr. Calvin Crane Pendleton by Mark A. Pendleton. Utah Historical Quarterly, 1942, p. 34-37.
Richards, Alma Wilford, 1890-1963.
- Olympic Gold Medalist, Stolkholm, 1912.
- Strong contender for two medals, 1916. Olympics never held because of World War I.
- Utah Sports Hall of Fame, Hall of Fame Honorees, Charter Class of 1970 (Olympic gold, 1912; World Decathlon, 1915).
Stowell, Dennis Earl, 1944-2011.
- Utah State Senator, 2006-2011. (Parowan City Mayor, Iron County Commissioner).
Tobler, Robert W. (resident 1972 – present).
- NCAA 400 meter champion, 1964 (tied); qualified for US Olympic Trials, 1964.